The Antiviral Flavonoids for SARS-CoV and HCV
- Aryl diketoacid (ADK) has antiviral effects that can be improved by adding an aromatic arylmethyl substituent (Park et al., 2012).
- A natural flavonoid quercetin has a 3,5-dihydroxychromone pharmacophore.
- It is in association with the 1,3-diketoacid moiety of the ADK (Park et al., 2012).
- It is necessary to examine the antiviral effects of the quercetin derivatives with an arylmethyl group attached.
- Some 7-O-arylmethylquercetin derivatives with aromatic substituents were assessed for their antiviral effects (Park et al., 2012).
- The effects were examined against the SARS-CoV and hepatitis C virus (HCV).
- Aromatic substituents improved the effects of the 7-O-arylmethylquercetin derivatives against SCV and HCV (Park et al., 2012).
Park, H. R., Yoon, H., Kim, M. K., Lee, S. D., & Chong, Y. (2012). Synthesis and antiviral evaluation of 7-O-arylmethylquercetin derivatives against SARS-associated coronavirus (SCV) and hepatitis C virus (HCV). Archives of Pharmacal Research, 35(1), 77–85.